IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: (Continued)
While taking NUEDEXTA, call your doctor right away:
- If you feel faint or lose consciousness.
- If you experience lightheadedness, chills, fever, nausea, or vomiting as these may be signs of an allergic reaction to NUEDEXTA. Hepatitis has been seen in patients taking quinidine, an ingredient in NUEDEXTA.
- If you have unexplained bleeding or bruising. Quinidine, an ingredient in NUEDEXTA, can cause a reduction in the number of platelets in your blood which can be severe and, if left untreated, can be fatal.
- If you feel dizzy, since it may increase your risk of falling.
- If you have muscle twitching, confusion, high blood pressure, fever, restlessness, sweating, or shivering, as these may be signs of a potential drug interaction called serotonin syndrome.
The most common side effects of NUEDEXTA include: diarrhea, dizziness, cough, vomiting, weakness, and swelling of feet and ankles. This is not a complete list of side effects. Tell your doctor about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
You are encouraged to report side effects of NUEDEXTA® (dextromethorphan HBr and quinidine sulfate). Please contact Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. at 1-800-438-9927 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (www.fda.gov/medwatch).
Please read FULL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION.